Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Like My Grandma Would Say....."Ili le Pu!" ;)



Sound the trumpets! Send out the Alarm! I walked two laps... Woohoooo! Yipppeeeee! ;) It is so out of the ordinary for me to do any form of exercise, that in my mind's eye I can totally see my grandma putting her hand to her lips in the motion of blowing a horn or a trumpet. That is what "Ili le pu" means, to blow a horn or a trumpet signifying some great event LOLOL It is usually said in jest or with playful sarcasm. My grandma had a funny sense of humor, and that was one of her favorite lines :)

I actually cannot believe I walked today. I am glad I did. It was two laps around the small circle at BYUH, but it felt like such a far distance to me. I was just going to do one lap, but Coach K's pamphlet about walking in Laie says that I should at least start off with 10 minutes a day for the first week and gradually increase the length and amount of my activity. I did not think it would take me 10 minutes to walk one lap, and I was right. It took me ten minutes to walk two laps. I'm happy with that. I am actually just happy that I did something! "Toot Tooooot!" :)

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Congrats and keep the good work up! The more you do the easier it become! Good Luck!

The Songer said...

yay! I am yet to start... where do you get the pamphlet from?

Ipo said...

Awesome! Keep on truckin'!

Calidore said...

Root-a-toot-toot! Send me a copy of the pamphlet and I'll walk with you.
Keep up the good work! Yea Gladys!

Amanda said...

good for you!!! I'm proud of you and excited for your start!

I started doing water aerobics in the morning...it is less impact and a 30 minute water walk is equivalent to 2 hours on land, but it take s alot of energy so I'm starting slow, too.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I am so proud of you!!! I hope you are still keeping it up.

Your email was so precious to me! Thank you so much. I will reply shortly.

LY

P.S. Was any of your family effected by the tsunami?

Mary said...

Congratulations. I need a walking partner. If I lived there I would be your walking partner, And I would blow my horn for you every day.LOL- That was so cute.

Unknown said...

Congrats on walking..I'm doing the same thing also..slowly but surely:)I'm proud of you..just reading your post motivates me to get out and walk my ten minutes too:)