Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Patience


(photo by Leanne Hamilton)
I really wish that patience was a virtue I possess :) but it is not. I am such an impatient person and I really don't like that about myself. I don't know why I cannot just let some things slide. Just let it slide! But I am not wired that way and when something gets on my nerves I express myself loudly! I truly believe that I need to let things slide more than I do. I know I am not "super impatient," but I am "plenty impatient" and being impatient is a weakness in myself that I must turn into a strength. I know it is possible because being patient is a choice. It is just such a tough choice, but one very worth making. I guess that's why it is considered a virtue, because sometimes or maybe even "often" :) it definitely takes super human effort not to explode when things do not go as I envision they should. I am recommitting myself to being more patient in life period! I think this goal is one that takes a lot of time, thought, effort, and strength to develop as second nature and one that needs constant renewal. Here's to patience, from now to infinity and beyond!!!!

3 comments:

Ipo said...

good luck on your quest for patience. i've given up altogether...ha! it's something worth working for, even though, for people like me, it takes forever!!

Leslie said...

That one virtue that I have problem with too but hey with the help our Heavenly Father we'll eventually get it.

Calidore said...

I have a lot of patience...it's tolerance that I need to work on. Oddly enough just having patience really doesn't work all that well, if you lack tolerance. So, see Gladys...we all have things we need to work on. LOL!! love you... ;)