Saturday, August 30, 2008

New Chapter...

Yesterday was my dad's last day at work. He is officially retired. We went out to dinner tonight to celebrate. We ate at Buzz's Steak House. They have the best salad bar and their seafood and steak combo was delicious. There was so much food between the salad bar and the main meal that we decided to skip dessert. On our way home we stopped by a friend's home to visit her and her elderly father... "Pops." It was a good visit. We talked story, sang some songs, and had some real good laughs. We left with a good spirit and made our way home.

I am so excited for my dad. Now he can do what he wants when he wants how he wants. I am sure the impact of it all has yet to hit him. :) He has always been very
conscientious about his job and now he doesn't have to worry about that any more. He has had such an overwhelming week; first he finds out his mother has passed away, he is now fully retired, and he still has to deal with traveling to and participating in grandma's upcoming funeral.

After this upcoming week, my dad will be well on his way in writing a new chapter in his book of life. Life is so full of exciting and interesting things to participate in. I know he will have a wonderful time exploring different things in life that he might have always thought about trying but never had the time to do. I am so thankful to my dad for all that he has done for me and for our family as a whole.

No comments: