Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kahuku Graduation 2009


I had not planned on attending Kahuku High and Intermediate's graduation ceremony. I was just planning to make it on time to give leis to our family and ward members. I am glad I was able to witness the ceremony. It was so refreshing to see young people excited and exuberant with anticipation for a new chapter in their lives. The air was charged with so much "love energy" that I could not help but feel touched in my heart with joy and love for everyone there. It was just amazing to see so many people from different walks in life all gathered together to celebrate these young people and their accomplishment.

It was so awesome to hear cheers from groups here and there as graduates' names were called to accept each diploma. It was beautiful. Some people were so overjoyed that before the student's name could be properly announced air horns were going off. I understand the joy and excitement, but it was kind of sad because we could not hear the name that was announced.

One student really stood out for me. He was one of the 14 valedictorians. His last name is Roper. He expressed himself very well, but at the end of his speech he acknowledged and gave thanks to our Savior Jesus Christ for helping him and supporting him throughout his life. He acknowledged that it was through the love and support of his Savior that he is where he is today. In this day and age where it is taboo to acknowledge church within state it was so wonderful to hear this young man's heart felt gratitude for his Savior. I was so touched I had tears in my eyes. I felt so uplifted and grateful for the strength, love, and gratitude this young man expressed to and for Jesus Christ.

It was a good evening. I went to support others and left having received spiritual upliftment and joy.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Thank you for posting and sharing with our the Kahuku Graduation...it was great to see some familiar faces graduating and to see the leis!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

WOW! That was awesome!!!

Hey, how are you feeling?